Underwriting with WPRK 91.5 FM
Contact for Underwriting:
Petee Fasano | e-mail: email@example.com
What Is Underwriting?
Underwriting is the identification of individuals, businesses, or corporations who donate funds that help pay the cost of program production. Underwriting is a great way to financially supporting WPRK.
$15 per announcement for drive times, which are 6-10AM & 3-7PM
$10 per announcement for middays & evenings, which are 10AM-3PM & 7-Midnight
$5 per announcement for overnights, which is Midnight – 6AM
Ask About Creating A Custom Package For Your Business
*Packages vary per service
Trades for goods or services provided to WPRK in exchange for underwriting can be considered.
How Can Underwriting Benefit My Business?
1. While underwriting is not “advertising,” it can still provide your business with some of the same benefits as commercial advertising.
2. College radio is an excellent public relations tool. Listeners will gain a positive image of your company by it’s support of college radio.
3. Although we reach a smaller audience in the greater Orlando area, we have proven our influence in the Orlando scene. Our audience is comprised of a diverse and varied mix of all ages, genders, and ethnicities in the greater Orlando area and beyond.
4. Since your business will be able to establish a year-round presence for an exponentially lower cost, ample funds will remain for special promotions in other media and greatly improve the standards of WPRK.
5. Supporting WPRK shows that your business is interested in contributing to the quality of life in the Orlando metropolitan area.
What Can Be Stated In Underwriting Announcements?
Underwriting announcements are concise and gimmick-free. As a non-commercial radio station, WPRK underwriting announcements are regulated by the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) and must conform to specific guidelines.
What is Not Allowed On the Underwriting Announcements?
1) Qualitative or comparative language.
Ex: the freshest ingredients in the world; best wings in town; convenience like no other store around
2) Price information and discounts.
Ex: less than $10 per month; free estimates; move-in rent special; only $10 this week for a pizza; this week everything is 20% off; this month students are admitted free
3) Calls to Action.
Ex: stop by one of our four locations; Be sure to try our signature desserts; Visit our website; come on down!; go to….
4) Inducements to sell, rent, or lease
Ex: stop by our lot and pick up a car; free estimates; it’s hot outside! Come grab some ice cream at…
WPRK 91.5-FM Demographic Information:
- Winter Park: 28,000+ listeners.
- Greater Orlando Community: 2,000,000+ listeners.
- 4,300 Rollins College students and staff members
- Thousands of prospective Rollins College students and families, alumni and community members, visiting performers, lecturers, artists, etc.